Professor Dan Reinstein is the founder of London Vision Clinic, and is one of the UK’s few ophthalmic surgeons who exclusively perform laser eye surgery. He is a specialist who has gained renown for pioneering and continuously refining the procedures and technology of laser eye surgery.
Professor Reinstein graduated from Cambridge University and is a board-certified ophthalmologist in the USA and Canada. He holds a professorship in New York and Paris. His qualifications include the following:
- Research Fellowship in Ophthalmic Epidemiology at the Institute of Ophthalmology, London (1991)
- Fellowship in Ophthalmology at The Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York (1994)
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York (1996)
- Refractive Surgical Fellowship under laser eye surgeons Zaldivar Arbelaez, Chacon, and Barraquer (1997)
- Fellowship in Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery at the University of British Columbia, Canada (1999)
Professor Reinstein is a prolific lecturer and researcher. He has served as a panellist at over 50 scientific international meeting panels and delivered 415 lectures at professional meetings all over the world. In addition to having published 100 articles in peer-reviewed medical journals, he has also published 227 scientific papers or abstracts. He has also been a contributor to several books and published proceedings, and has written 135 articles for the ophthalmic medicine press.
Professor Reinstein is also an accomplished jazz saxophonist and studied for two years on a performance scholarship at the Berklee College of Music in Boston. He still actively and regularly plays at the 606 Club in Chelsea, London, and is known to invite his patients to watch his performances.
He has also appeared on numerous media shows including as an interviewee on BBC Breakfast, Sky News, and BBC Radio 4, and as the laser eye specialist for Extreme Makeover UK and 10 Years Younger. He has been featured in both The Times and The Sunday Times Magazine.
Professor Reinstein has consistently received positive feedback from his patients.