Optical Express is one of the UK’s leading eye care providers with a full range of optical solutions including glasses, contact lenses and laser eye surgery. Established 20 years ago, it has the widest geographical coverage for an eye clinic, with more than 90 consultation clinics and 35 treatment clinics throughout the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, France and Croatia.
The surgeons of Optical Express have carried out more than a million procedures worldwide, and perform thousands of comprehensive eye tests each week.
Treatments and Technology
Optical Express uses the VISX STAR S4 IR lasers which are the most popular ones used in the laser eye surgery industry. These lasers have been used in treating 60% of laser eye surgery patients in the USA. Furthermore, Optical Express is the only multiple provider to invest in the iFS 150 intraLASE in each of their clinics. They also offer iLASIK and LASEK treatments with wavefront treatment using iDesign, the industry’s most advanced, high-definition measurement device for wavefront treatment.
Optical Express clinics offer LASEK, refractive lens exchange (RLE) and cataract surgery. Apart from these, its surgeons also perform the following treatments:
- iLASIK: a new all-laser treatment that uses the iFS 150 intraLase to correct vision.
- Implantable Contact Lens (ICL): the insertion of a small lens onto the eye to improve vision.
- Phaki Intraocular Lens (Phakic IOL): a surgical procedure that’s designed for patients with high myopia or hyperopia, or for those who have thin corneas and are unsuitable for laser eye surgery.
- All-laser natural lens replacement: a non-invasive procedure that uses femtosecond laser technology.
Optical Express Prices
Optical Express offers a free, no-obligation initial consultation. Here is the current pricing plan for Optical Express treatments:
- iDesign iLASIK with iFS 150 Intralase: from £1,595 per eye
- iLASIK: from £1,195 per eye (dependent on the prescription and suitability for surgery)
- Standard eye treatment: from £595 per eye (inclusive with treatment including aftercare and iScan report)
Interest-free finance plans are available for a period of 10 months. Interest-bearing plans can be availed of for 12, 24 and 48 months.
Optical Express has generally had good reviews from patients, with more than 99% saying they would recommend it to their family and friends. They provide comprehensive aftercare for their patients and a 24-hour helpline.