Mr CT Pillai, MD DO, FRCS (Edin), FRCOpth (UK), is the founder and medical director of Advanced Vision Care. A Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, Mr Pillai has amassed more than 25 years of experience in refractive surgery. He has performed more than 20,000 laser eye procedures.
Gaining experience as a consultant for a number of private clinics and NHS hospitals in the UK, Mr Pillai has also performed surgeries in the US and India, and worked with some of the world’s leading refractive surgeons in the UK, US and Greece.
Mr Pillai is also noted for his research in various areas of ophthalmology and has been published in a number of reputable specialist journals. He is one of the few surgeons in the UK to have been granted a Fellowship in both Corneal and Refractive Surgery. He is also one of the first surgeons to perform bilateral LASIK surgery in the UK.
Mr Pillai’s qualifications:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Diploma in Ophthalmology, Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
- Diploma in Ophthalmology, Madras University, India
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Madras University, India
His professional affiliations:
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists (RCO-UK)
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- British Society of Refractive Surgery (BSRS-UK)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO-UK)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO-USA)
- American Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS-USA)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- European Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
As the medical director of Advanced Vision Care, Mr Pillai is known for his friendly, hands-on approach and performs most of the laser eye procedures in the Harley Street clinic. Despite operating out of a single clinic, AVC has gained a national reputation due to Mr Pillai’s unique system of forming a network of optometrists across the UK who can look after AVC’s patients after their surgery. He is actively involved in training and certifying these optometrists to ensure high-quality aftercare.